So you might notice that this isn’t the first time I have collaborated with Unbeelievable Health; an ever inspiring brand offering supplements formulated by nutritionists to benefit your wellbeing, energy and immunity using the ‘magic’ ingredient that is bee propolis and bee pollen (totally the buzzness, may I add) – combined with a whole host of other high quality nutrients which are pretty hard to find in a regular diet or multivitamin. So basically even if you are pretty healthy already, they can just help to kick things up a notch for you!
Not sold by the idea of taking a couple of capsules with a list of fancy superfoods on the packet to crank up your horsepower? Believe me, to be honest usually I would be a little on the skeptical side too.
Take the ‘herbal’ section of supermarkets for example. You walk down to be greeted with an overwhelmingly vast amount of wellness supplements all claiming to boost your health in one way or another – which to me seems pretty unlikely when you look at the back and see the standard list of multivitamin style nutrients (kind of pointless if you already eat well), endless bulking agents, added sugars and yeast used to, well, bulk out each capsule. (‘Okay, this one looks pretty good, right? It says that it’s all natural. Made with herbs. Has a nice picture on the front. Cool, I’ll take it! Let me just check the ingre-… Umm, on second thoughts I think I’ll look on Amazon tonight.) Not that that puts the stockists charging off ridiculous amounts though, right?!
However Unbeelievable Health are one of the few I can really trust – and it’s that reason I am so fired up to work with them again to share with you two game changing energy boosting and focus enhancing smoothie recipes to dig your spoon in to this summer! Yep, they are are of the bowl variety – and no, I am not tired of this ‘foodie craze’ yet. Eating smoothies with a bowl and spoon is the only way, my friends! That way you’re actually ‘chewing’ your smoothie, thus digesting it better. Plus you get to decorate it with all the toppings you have at hand, therefore channeling your inner arteest which is obvs insanely good for the soul, so it’s a win win no?
Anyway, I digress. Back to zee bees.
Unless you have been living in a hive, you’ll probably have already seen Unbeelievable Health hanging out on the shelves at your nearest independent health store or organic grocery; keeping it low key, but still making an impression to those who are cool enough to shop local. A few years ago they started also selling their Bee Prepared immune formulas in Holland & Barrett, and a few weeks ago, Holland & Barrett listed Bee Energised, the newest addition to their range, in all of their UK & Irish stores. It’s a damn good thing that there’s a lot of bee love to go around – because I get the feeling things can only go up (and up and up) from here for the team behind Unbeelievable Health…
WHAT MAKES THEM DIFFERENT?
- All Unbeelievable Health supplements are made right here in the UK, using the highest quality stuff to ensure you’re not wasting your dollar on a misleading product (refer back to paragraph 3 above to see why this makes me happy)
- If you’re sensitive to gluten, sugar and yeast and prefer to choose GMO free products – then these guys are for you (again see, paragraph 3 why this is cool)
- The ingredients are waaay more concentrated, so you don’t need to take a tonne to of the supplements to reap up the benefits
- Unbeelievable Health pride themselves on only sourcing their bee propolis from bees who are kept in an ethically approved environment… Gotta keep our hunnies happy, right?!
- In fact, 5% of their profits go towards supporting bee causes and researching in to ways to improve their welfare. Small change = big difference!
THE KEY BENEFITS OF THE ‘BEE ENERGISED’ FORMULA
- Increases mental clarity and awareness – perfect for when you’re living that ‘my body is at work but my mind is still hiding under the sheets’ struggle
- Kicks some mega fatigue ass by supporting energy production – with out the energy crashes and jitters to follow. Hi caffeine… I’m looking at you! *
- Contains zero artificial stimulants: Only natural and plant based ingredients. Think organic bee pollen, rose hip, organic matcha green tea, organic spirulina, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, siberian ginseng… Now that’s a combo worth incorporating in to your daily routine, no?
*It’s cool, I still love you anyway.
And you know what else I like about these products? Sarah Orecchia, the founder behind this booming brand (and also one of the most genuine, warming people I’ve collaborated with as a blogger), has worked closely with highly specialised nutritionists to develop the formulas and remedies to ensure that the science is all there to back it up. See below for the funky facts.
Bee Energised combines organic bee pollen (it is one of the richest sources of vitamins found in nature in a single food- it contains the full spectrum of vitamins, minerals & amino acids needed for human health), organic spirulina, Siberian ginseng & organic matcha green tea ( it’s rich in l-theanine which along with the caffeine in the matcha, improves attention, but without the jitters- due to l-theanine’s calming effect).
Bee energised also contains Vitamin B6 and B12 which are known for their energy yielding properties (B12 is also essential for cognitive function). And with high amounts of Vitamin C too (the active ingredient in rosehips which it also contains), the adrenals are also nourished.’
~ Susan Alexander, Nutritional Therapist
So now we got that part covered, how’s about I take you through the smoothie bowls that I have developed to celebrate their new Holland & Barrett launch? Refreshing, satisfying and oh-SO tasty – you’re going to want to try these bowls of goodness this summer to bring a colour pop to your morning and get you feeling pumped for the day ahead. Just empty one capsule in to the blender and you’re all set!
THE BERRY BREAKFAST BOWL
- 2 cups frozen berries (preferably organic if you can!)
- 1/2 apple, cubed
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 Bee Energised capsule, emptied
- toppings of choice (granola, nuts, seeds, fresh fruit, bee pollen etc)
Blend all of the ingredients except the toppings on full power for 1 minute until super smooth, then pour in to a bowl and top with whatever you like.
THE CREAMY GREENS BOWL
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup almond milk/coconut water
- 1 capsule Bee Energised, emptied
- toppings of choice!
Ahh, come on – you know the drill now! Blend, pour in a bowl and top to your hearts content.
So there we have it! I know I sound biased, but I strongly urge you to jump on those bowls for a breakfast that literally oozes with summer flavours that will not only be a total party for the taste buds but also keep you feeling nicely satisfied for the morning ahead. And with the addition of Bee Energised, how could one go wrong?
Happy blending, my loves!